Thursday, March 29, 2012

Admitted to the hospital

Eli threw up today and aspirated a whole bunch of it. His oxygen stats where in the 80's. I called his doctor and she told me to bring him to the ER. I had to wait about 2 hours for my husband to get home from work. It totally makes me realize that we need a second car. It's a good thing we have oxygen and the oxygen meter at the house. It didn't take the ER long to get us in a room. In fact some people were mad because he went before them. They did an x ray, suctioned him and gave him a breathing treatment. The x ray showed a few places that looked like fluid and his stats where still low 90's after being suctioned and a breathing treatment, so I'm guessing that's why we got admitted. We will get to see the doctor in the morning so I'll know more then.

This happening was only a matter of time with as much as he aspirates. I'm shocked this is the first time. It really makes me think that the trach might be the best thing for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment