Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 16

UGH 16 days in the hospital! Eli and I are both ready to go home. He is tired of being tied down by wires and being woken up in the middle of the night just to get a temperature. I told the nurse tonight I didn't want them to be waking him up. If he is asleep they don't need to get a temperature or anything else for that matter. She noted it and said they would leave him alone. I did trach care completely by myself today, I even changed the collar by myself.


Watching Toy Story with his skinny little legs
The at home nursing company came by and spoke to me about their company and about what to expect and what I expected. They asked when I wanted the nurses in the home. I told them I mainly want a night nurse so I can sleep and be 100% during the day. My patience level drops when I get sleep deprived. He said that with his SSI medicaid he will definitely have enough hours to cover a night nurse 7 nights a week. Tomorrow there is a lady coming down from the Tyler office to meet us and do an assessment on Eli. Then when we go home she will be our contact person.

No comments:

Post a Comment