Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 10

Eli is on a 24 hour no vent practice run. It's been so nice to hold him and get one of his hugs. He's been doing so well on it. They put this thing on the trach called an artificial nose. It acts as a filter and warms the air. He really likes not having the tubes everywhere.
Eli with his artificial nose
His feeding haven't been going too well. He just keeps throwing up. I don't know what's wrong and neither do the doctors. I asked them today what's the next step. I know they have something called a gj tube that pretty much bypasses the stomach and puts the food in the intestines. There is also a surgery where they would close off the top of the stomach to keep him from throwing up. I'm not sure what they will do, but he can't keep doing this. He's not even getting enough food to keep him hydrated. They had to hook him up to iv fluids. I just wish we could figure this thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment