Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 9

There's not much to report today. Eli is not quit back to his old self. A little sleepy and he doesn't feel like playing much.
The trach he has in right now has a little balloon that the doctors inflate to keep the air in his lungs. Today they deflated it in hopes it would help with the throwing up issues he has been having. They said it might be that the balloon is irritating his gag reflex. It has helped a lot. He threw up a few times but not very much. When we put a new trach in next week the doctor wants to put in a smaller size to see if that helps even more.
Today I have done most of his care on my own. I am suctioning him 100% of the time with no help. You have to do trach care twice a day and I did most of it. I'm still trying to figure out the motions of that one. It seems so awkward and out of sync. It's going to take time to find my own way of doing it before it feels natural.


1 comment: