Saturday, April 14, 2012

Moog Super-mini Backpack

Eli got a new backpack for his feeding pump. We had the regular sized bag by moog and it was way too big for him. We were always following him around like a dog on a leash because it was too long and too heavy for him. This bag has been amazing for him. He now has independence that he didn't have before. It is a little harder to get everything in the bag, but that's only because it is so small that it's hard to get my hands in the bag.
Eli is 20 months old and 20 pounds

The next set of pictures is just to show what I do to prep the feed bag and how I load everything into the moog super-mini backpack. I wanted to make a blog about this because when I got the bag I went looking for better instructions on how to set everything up and could not find anything. I hope it might help someone one day.
I purge all the air out of the feed bag

This is what the bag looks like with no air

I load the bag into the feeding pump

Place the pump into the front part of the bag, between all the stretchy holders to keep it in place

Wrap the velcro strap around the top of the feeding bag. I like to put the bag into the mesh pocket to keep it from moving around, but you can also use the mesh pocket to put a cooling pack.


Wrap the extra tubing and secure it with the velcro. Leave enough loose to put the adapter through one of the exit ports so you can connect the adapter to the person's feeding tube.
This picture shows the red adapter connected to Eli's feeding tube.


I took this picture just to show how big the bag is. The soap is a regular sized bottle of dish soap








2 comments:

  1. I would just like to thank you for posting this. It helped me a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture are very helpful,thank you for posting them :) I just got my 10month old daughter the mini backpack and have been having a hard time loading everything the in it. any suggestions? thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete