Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 7

Today has been a weird day. Eli's lungs look good and he is breathing better, but now we are having issues with his stomach. He has been throwing up off and on all day. They have been playing with how fast the formula pumps into his g tube all day. So far nothing has worked. I'm starting to thinks its one of two things. He is either dizzy or he has a stomach bug. When he sits up he gets this look on his face and wants to lean against someone. That's why I think being dizzy might be to blame.

On a good note we did get to move out of picu and into pcu which is an intermediate floor. We have our on room with a bathroom and a couch for me to sleep on. They said he will be here the rest of his stay since he is on the vent and tomorrow I start my training. I got a huge binder with all the stuff I have to learn including a cpr certification class. Lots to learn before we can go home. I'm already thinking about how we are going to drive him 240 miles with the trach. Not really sure how that will work, but I'm sure they will teach us. It's been a long day and I'm ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment