Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Feeling helpless

Eli is doing pretty good. They have him sedated and plan on keeping him that way for 3 or 4 days. It is so sad to see him laying there not moving. They drew some blood earlier and tears started falling down his cheeks. It sucks seeing him there and not being able to comfort him, to hold and kiss him. All I can do is rub his face and arms and legs and just let him know I'm there and it's ok. I know him and that probably just pisses him off even more. I've been trying to stay quiet and just let him rest. These 3 or 4 days are going to be hard. Praying the good Lord gives me the strength I need to care for him.


3 comments:

  1. Andrea, a fellow Aug 2010 BBC MommaApril 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

    I just read through your blog and my heart goes out to you and your sweet little Eli. I pray that he recovers quickly from his surgeries and God gives you the strength needed to get through this. You seem like an amazing Mom and Eli is lucky to have you as his Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax#3 from BBC - I just read your blog and wanted to say how even though I know you don't feel like it at the moment, you are a very strong mom! Eli is an amazing little man and I hope this surgery makes life a little easier for you all :)

    Recover soon little guy *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind words. It means a lot and has lifted my spirits.

    ReplyDelete